Upcoming Event :
Your tax deductible contribution can change the course of a person's life and can help
an individual become self-sufficient.
You may choose where you want your money to go or it will be used
where the need is most urgent.
Message from Iranian American Society Education Committee:
Welcome to our site:
The Iranian-American Society (IAS) Education Committee was established in Palos Verdes in California in October 1991 for the purpose of developing and administering the IAS Scholarship
fund objectives, policy & procedures.
To promote education within the Iranian American Community and provide scholarships to Iranian
American students who exhibit academic excellence and financial need.
Policy & Procedures:
The IAS Education Committee reviews and evaluates application packages and awards scholarship to 5
qualified students each academic year. Selected recipients will be notified via email by mid July
each year. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the Education Committee. Students must be enrolled full time
while receiving scholarships and must demonstrate good academic standing. Transcripts should be submitted every
quarter/semester and are the responsibility of the student. The education committee reserves the right to cancel the scholarship
of any student who fails to submit his/her transcript in a timely manner.
Students must submit an application package either by email (attachment) or regular mail by June 10, each academic year. Applications are available on-line on April 15 each academic
Exception: The 2011 application deadline is extended to June 18, 2011
Students must provide a copy of the following documents before the deadline in order to apply for
an IAS scholarship:
- Application (PDF Format)
- Acceptance letter from an accredited university or college attending
- Transcript (GPA 3.0 or higher)
- Tax Forms: Federal Income Tax Return (attach spouse's tax return if married. Attach parents' tax return if living with parents). W-2 Form
- Current bank statement
- Proof of US Citizenship / Permanent Residence
- Drivers License
- 2 letters of recommendation (one from an academic institution attending and one from place of work
- Personal essay. Tell us about yourself. Describe your goals, objectives, financial needs and reasons for applying for IAS Scholarship (Minimum one page-printed).
Keep a copy of your application package for future reference. Two ways to submit application
package; choose one:
- Print online application. Scan completed application and requested documents and attach
documents and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail application package to:
IAS Education Committee
Palos Verdes Peninsula, Ca 90274
Contact IAS Education Committee:
IAS, P.O. Box 4171 Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274
| tel: 310.529.7272
| email: email@example.com
� 2008 Iranian American Society. All rights reserved.